We tend to look after our vehicle, home and financial assets, but are you maintaining your solar panels? This significant investment requires ongoing maintenance to ensure you are taking the best advantage of the sun, and ensuring you are achieving the best results in keeping those power bills low. The best way to do this is have them inspected and cleaned and monitored.
The Go4Solar + Electrical Solar Advantage Program
We understand that being faced with a large one off maintenance cost can be difficult to pay, so we have created a new Program that offers you the same top quality service, but billed in monthly installments. It also means we are monitoring your system, not looking at it once a year. We can address issues much quicker. It’s the perfect way to ensure you are getting the best ongoing results, without shock bills.
How does it work?
There are two parts to the Program consisting of a Monitoring Service and a Solar System Service. We carry out regular online checks that will alert us to any system not performing at its optimal peek. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have an existing monitoring system we can supply and install one (at an extra cost) that shows your daily solar production, your daily power usage and where applicable your battery usage. That’s putting the ‘power’ back in your hands. This will connect via a 3G network, providing data to out monitoring hub.
Our Solar System Service consists of an annual Visual and Electrical check, making sure that you are completely covered in all areas. Our Visual check covers the following:
- Check for build-up of leaves and other matter, such as bird or rodent nests under panels
- Check for any defects to the panels; fractures, browning, moisture penetration, corrosion
- Check and tighten any loose bolts on the panel mounting system, check DC isolators for signs of arcing and water ingress
- Check AC and DC wiring for corrosion or rodent damage
- Check all isolator enclosures and check condition of the inverter.
Our Electrical check covers the following:
- Carry out a full electrical test of each panel or string of panels
Check relative Circuit Breakers, Residual Current Devices, solar isolation switch and earth fault protection to ensure they are functioning correctly
- Check all AC and DC wiring and ensure all wiring connections are tight, measure all electrical characteristics, operating voltages and currents, short circuit voltages and currents
- Check labelling and replace where necessary and we will provide you with a signed copy of our checklist at the end of each inspection.
We will also do a Battery System Check (if installed) and a Solar Panel Cleaning (1 year) to keep them looking and performing great.
What’s in it for you?
This unique support programme will give you peace of mind, knowing that your system is being monitored and will be receiving an annual comprehensive inspection and clean. You don’t have to wonder whether your system is working for you, we will give you the information to show that it is working for you, and ensure your system is cleaned by our specialised solar panel cleaning contractor, ensuring optimal performance. Not to mention the fact that your panels will last a lot longer with the right care and maintenance, keeping more money in your pocket, for longer.
Get in touch with our office today, and lock in your Solar Advantage Program.